Subject: Suhasini is Smoking Pot
Paid TV channels like Jaya TV should give a better review than a biased one. Suhashini's latest review for Kandasamy:
- This is a spectacular movie
- Vikram was impressive in his characterizations; the movie didn't show him ailing from slum unlike other movies.
-Dialogue delivery too good, especially the conversation between Vikram and Shreya in his office.
- The scene where he comes as a woman was indeed true heroism, he bashes all those guys. The part where he acts like Aishwarya Rai was too good.
- He acted superbly like a rooster without inhibition. Those scenes really freak us.
- In the past, audience was upset with me that I didn't praise Shriya's acting in Sivaji. Now, I want to admit that she was so sensuous in the movie and acted well.
- Prabhu, though didn't have much to do, he carried himself well and was comfortable in doing so
- I would say Susi Ganesan is above directors like Shankar in terms of sophistication.
- The movie is too good that the director didn't leave me a gap to criticize. Though I have given some negative points, the movie is undoubtedly entertaining.
In her other words: I have no choice but to give a positive review on this piece of shit because Susi is from my husband's school and Vikram is acting in Raavan; if I trash him and the movie becomes a flop, it would affect Raavan. Also I need to mention Rai's name here and there, because she's the leading actress in Raavan. Not to forget Mr.Potato, he acted in two of my husband's movies and will be in Raavan too. Vikram was indeed a cock, I didn't mean the rooster this time ;-)
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Labels:
hasini bias padam,
Kandasamy,
movie review
Posted by
Dot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I havent seen the movie. After reading BB's and hawkeye's review, I am not motivated to watch it.
Poor Suhasini. She's exhibiting symptoms of Bullshitophobia. She'll be aiite post Raavan.
"Prabhu, though didn't have much to do, he carried himself well and was comfortable in doing so" - lol. true, both in literal and figurative sense.
Dot, why Vikram mela evlo kovam?
Sriram: To start with, I was never his fan. I seriously don't know what to say about him :). Guess, am just playing around with words.
Dot,(Landed from Sriram's blog)
Actually it is not just Suhasini there are many other channels who do the same. I had a very decent opionion on Madhan's thirai parvai in Vijay TV and it seemed to be genuine where he would take a dig at certain scenes. All tamil channels these days produce movies so you can by default expect Ninathale Ennikum to be SUN TV TOP ! movie for next 2 months and Surya Adhavan in Kalaigar TV the same..
I think its the stand these channels take on movies. Some said Kuselan has hit. Others claimed Kuruvi higher than anjadhey..but no way Kandhasamy is an extraordinary film perhaps one time wathc
Nirmal: Welcome here. I've watched Madhan's reviews, he's better than others but eventually he too succumbed to bias reviews. Yeah, I've seen movies produced by SUN TV in their top 10 movies.
I am not nit picking on her, wouldn't have bothered if she had said it's worth watching once but it amused me when she managed to change all the sickening aspect of the movie into positives.
Is Madhan biased too nowadays? I haven't seen his shows for a long time now but he was pretty caustic with his comments back then.
Also, I hope Raavan flops. Too much hype I say!
Mambalam Mani: In between even he admitted that the audiences were not happy with his reviews. For that he said 'I too watch Hollywood movies, and I know what logic is..but then I can't review our movies in comparison to Hollywood ones, that would hinder Tamil movies success'. Similar line was said by Suhasini. But, he's a degree better than her.
No one is asking them to compare Memento (just an example) with Ghajini scene by scene, but being a critic they should point out the obvious flaws.
'I hope Raavan flops'- It comes by default as long as Mani's obsessions are there for biligual multi actors movies.
Yes, I remember that episode of Madhan where he asks the audience to stop judging Tamil cinema based on foreign movies. And I think what he said is correct too. But I haven't seen this Suhasini's program. Will try and see an episode.
Seriously, Maniratnam....I don't know what he thinks of himself. He thinks taking a movie in just Tamil shadows his brilliance from the rest of the world? Have you seen Guru btw? I haven't.
Mambalam Mani: My suggestion is that you avoid her reviews. She basically narrates the entire story including the climax. She's highly opinionated and expects comedy movies to be serious.
I think he wants to reach larger audiences. It's difficult to satisfy the needs of both Tamil and Hindi audiences at the same time. I have seen Guru. Nothing extraordinary, traces of his previous movies are apparent in Guru. Post Roja, none of his movies were good.
Btw, did you read Vikram's arrogant comments on sify?
Vikram: “I know that there has been a lot of negative talk about the film, but who cares? The figures at the box-office say a different story. What more can an actor ask for?”
“The success of Kandasamy as far as I’m concerned is the best form of revenge against my detractors.”
Apparently, Vikram is known to have got arrogant of late once he got the stardom. Do you know how he got angry at Gautham Menon because Gautham said in an interview to The Hindu that he did not like Bheema movie?
Dot., the usual culture of tamil cine / media people is not to thrash star based movies !
This blog needs an update :)
In sense RAVAAN trailer/music is out and i just get a feel, Vikram would have done better than Jr Bachan...
Nways tamil lyrics is horror not that i understand hindi..but lyrics are hopeless.
Waiting for ravaan
Post a Comment